I’m Allison Brunner, Body Talks Therapy owner, founder, facilitator of healing and personal growth services, and leader of a local and virtual community of Highly Sensitive People (HSPs). A fellow HSP whose sensitivity has increased with age, I’ve learned to listen to my body and offer myself the care I require to prevent over-arousal and to tap into my sensitivity super power in order to thrive personally and to serve others effectively.
For half of my adult life, I worked as a writer, editor, teacher, and social worker. Then I felt called to help others heal in the way I had from the emotional pain I carried from living as a highly sensitive child in what often felt like an insensitive world. Inspired by the deep and lasting transformations in myself facilitated by a gifted therapist who used a somatic (body-centered), mindfulness-based approach called The Hakomi Method of Experiential Psychotherapy, I engaged in a two-year training in the same method.
During and after completion of graduate school, I began my career as a psychotherapist and licensed clinical social worker in the State of Pennsylvania working with clients struggling with single-episode and complex trauma in Philadelphia’s toughest neighborhoods (2007 to 2014).
Concurrently, I studied energy healing at The Reiki School and Clinic in Philadelphia and became a Reiki Master practitioner. I began a private practice in which I’ve specialized in integrating somatic, mindfulness-based and experiential techniques to help people struggling with low self-worth, anxiety, depression, spiritual issues, and heightened sensitivity resulting in overwhelm.
In more recent years, I’ve continued my personal healing journey with a shaman and practitioner of the sacred energy medicine ways of the Q’ero and the Machi and the female shamans of the Chilean Mapuche, as well as from intuitive energy healers in Qigong, Healing Touch, and other modalities. From them, I’ve learned that we can gently integrate suppressed feelings from our cellular memory and clear emotional energy blockages in order to thrive and live a life of joy.
Now, a certified Integrated Energy Therapy® Master, I blend intuition with evidence-based emotional healing techniques. Practicing The Hakomi Method as a bodyworker, rather than as a psychotherapist, I employ appropriate, therapeutic touch and offer a much more powerful, holistic approach so that you may release long-held, limiting notions of who you are and find freedom and a more creative way of being in the world by standing in the realization of your true nature.
Body Talks Therapy (BTT) supports and empowers Highly Sensitive People (or HSPs) by offering emotional healing services, coaching, education, and community. Honoring the bodymind’s natural propensity toward wellness, BTT offers a holistic alternative or adjunctive approach to healing body, emotions, mind, and spirit so people can live fuller, happier lives. BTT educates HSPs in how best to nurture and appreciate the sensory processing sensitivity personality trait and engage in optimal self-care.
BTT guides HSPs in accessing the wisdom of their own bodyminds and tap into their long-term dreams and desires so that they can carry out their unique soul’s purpose. Finally, BTT fosters community for like-minded and like-wired people so they can experience the joy of connection and power in numbers in order to contribute together to a more balanced world filled with beauty, love, peace, and unity...
• Completed basic, intermediate, and advanced-level training for certification as an Integrated Energy Therapy® Master at Learn Reiki Philadelphia, 2016
• Licensed Clinical Social Worker in the State of Pennsylvania
• Attended continuing education workshops on Attachment, Gestalt Therapy, Internal Family Systems, Jungian Analysis, Neuroplasticity, and Spiritual Psychology, 2014–2017
• Studied and acquired supervision and mentorship in Bioenergetics, Coherence Therapy, Energy Psychology, Internal Family Systems, Jungian Psychoanalysis, Somatic Experiencing (SE), Quantum Psychology, and the practice of Shen Gong for intuitive healing 2007–2017
• Received certificate of recognition as a Skilled Cognitive Therapist in a Community Setting, from the Beck Initiative, 2014
• Completed levels I, II, and III (Reiki Master practitioner) at The Reiki School & Clinic in Philadelphia, 2008–2010
• Master's degree in Social Work (concentration in clinical practice; specialization in mental health) from Temple University, 2009
• Awarded certificate for completion of two-year training in The Hakomi Method of Experiential Psychotherapy from The Hakomi Institute, 2007